Iltefat H. Hamzavi MD, FAAPSenior Staff Physician, Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
Dr. Iltefat H. Hamzavi serves as a Senior Staff Dermatologist at Henry Ford Health System’s Department of Dermatology, and teaches medical students at Wayne State University in addition to his private practice.
Dr. Hamzavi is an active clinic researcher and investigates the causes and treatments for vitiligo and hidradenitis suppurativa, using photomedicine and other modalities. He co-directs the photomedicine research unit at Henry Ford Hospital and has authored over 60 publications and book chapters.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa Readmission Rate Is Comparable to Heart Failure
- Evaluation of the Psychosocial Impact of a Social Interaction Skills Training Workshop for Patients With Vitiligo
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa Associated With Diabetes Mellitus
- Demographic and Healthcare Service Utilization by Patients With Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Consumer Knowledge of New Sunscreen Labels
- Likelihood of Finding Melanoma in Spitzoid-Looking Lesions
- New Sunscreen Application Technique Effective in Improving Protection