Howard Schubiner MDDirector, Mind Body Medicine Program, Department of Internal Medicine, Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield, Michigan, Clinical Professor, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, MI
Dr. Howard Schubiner is an internist and the director of the Mind Body Medicine Center at Ascension Providence Hospital in Southfield, Michigan. He is a Clinical Professor at the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and has authored more than 100 publications in scientific journals and books. He lectures regionally, nationally, and internationally. Dr. Schubiner has consulted for the American Medical Association, the National Institute on Drug Abuse, and the National Institute on Mental Health. Dr. Schubiner is the author of three books: Unlearn Your Pain, Unlearn Your Anxiety and Depression, and Hidden From View, written with Dr. Allan Abbass.
Dr. Schubiner has collaborated extensively with colleagues such as Mark Lumley, Tor Wager, Yoni Ashar and Alan Gordon to develop two novel psychological treatments for chronic pain: Emotion Awareness and Expression Therapy (EAET) and Pain Reprocessing Therapy (PRT), which have been shown to be highly effective in randomized, controlled trials. EAET is now listed as a treatment option in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Pain Management Best Practices Inter-agency Task Force Report.
DisclosuresDr. Schubiner disclosures the following:
- Owner, Mind Body Publishing, Inc. Book royalties for Unlearn Your Pain and Unlearn Your Anxiety and Depression.
- Co-Owner, Psychophysiologic Press, Inc. Book royalties for Hidden From View.
- Co-owner, Freedom From Chronic Pain, Inc. (Australia). Online pain recovery program.
- Co-owner, OVID DX. Mobile educational app for diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain.
- Consultant, Curable Health. Online pain recovery program.