Hiroshi Shibasaki MD, PhDEmeritus Professor, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Hiroshi Shibasaki, MD, PhD, graduated from Kyushu University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan, in 1969. He was a resident of Neurology at the University of Minnesota Hospital, USA (1969-1971), a Visiting Scientist at the Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, UK (1978-1979), and Director of Human Brain Research Center (1990-2003) and Chairman of Neurology (1999-2003) at Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan. Dr. Shibasaki was Fogarty Scholar at NINDS, NIH, USA (2003 to 2005), President of International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (2007-2010), and Visiting Professor at l’Institut Cerveau, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris (May-June 2013). He is currently Emeritus Professor of Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine.
Dr. Shibasaki's recent publications include:
- Shibasaki H, Hallett M. The Neurologic Examination. Scientific Basis for Clinical Diagnosis. Oxford University Press, New York, 2016.
- Shibasaki H, Hallett M, Bhatia KP, Reich SG, Balint B. Involuntary Movements. Classification and Video Atlas. Oxford University Press, New York, 2020.
Dr. Shibasaki's honorary memberships include:
- German Clinical Neurophysiology Society (2003–)
- International Parkinson Disease Movement Disorders Society (2004–)
- Japanese Society of Neurology (2005–)
- French Society of Neurology (2006–)
- Japanese Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (2006–)