Henry W. Lim MDFormer Chair, Department of Dermatology, Henry Ford Hospital; Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan
Dr. Lim is former Chair of the Department of Dermatology at Henry Ford Hospital and is currently Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Henry Ford Health System. He received his MD from SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, and completed his dermatology residency at New York University School of Medicine. Prior to coming to Henry Ford Hospital, he was a Professor of Dermatology at NYU School of Medicine, as well as the Chief of Staff of the New York VA Medical Center. He has published more than 280 articles, and is a recognized authority on photodermatology. He has been listed in America’s Top Doctors for many years.
Dr. Lim has served as Vice President of the American Academy of Dermatology, and is a President-Elect of the American Board of Dermatology. He is an elected honorary member of dermatology organizations in Austria, the Philippines and China.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Safety of Ultraviolet Filters in the US and the EU
- Genetically Lower Vitamin D Levels Are Not Associated With Atopy
- Sunscreen Is Protective Against Skin DNA Damage
- Sunscreen Product Performance and Other Determinants of Consumer Preferences
- Sunscreen Doesn’t Begin to Cover It: Dr. Henry Lim on Photoprotection