Guy F. Webster MD, PhDClinical Professor of Dermatology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Webster is a Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Webster received his education at the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in molecular biology and genetics. There he then went on to complete his Doctor of Philosophy degree in 1981 and his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1985.
As an active member of the medical community, Dr. Webster belongs to numerous professional organizations. He is the founding president of the American Acne and Rosacea Society and a Fellow of the Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology and of the American Academy of Dermatology. He is also a member of the Society for Investigative Dermatology.
Numerous articles by Dr. Webster have been published in a wide variety of publications, such as the Lancet, Journal of the American Medical Association, British Medical Journal, the British Journal of Dermatology, the Annals of Internal Medicine, and Dermatology. He is on the editorial boards of Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Dermatology Online Journal, Clinics in Dermatology, and Skin Therapy Letter. He also serves as a reviewer for many journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine, Archives of Dermatology, Archives of Pediatrics, and the International Journal of Dermatology.
He has also lectured extensively on the national and international level.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Rosacea Epidemiology in a German Population
- The "Maskne" Microbiome
- A Reappraisal of the Association of Isotretinoin, Creatine Kinase, and Rhabdomyolysis
- Isotretinoin Therapy: A Retrospective Cohort Analysis of Completion Rates and Factors Associated With Nonadherence
- Lactoferrin With Vitamin E and Zinc for Treating Mild to Moderate Acne Vulgaris
- Rosacea Associated With Increased Glioma Risk
- Laboratory Monitoring During Isotretinoin Therapy for Acne