Gruschen Veldtman MBChB, FRCP(UK)Inpatient Director and Director of Operations, Cincinnati Adolescent and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Cincinnati, Ohio; Professor, University of Cincinnati Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati, Ohio
Dr. Veldtman is responsible for developing the inpatient infrastructure, as well as developing the adolescent and adult congenital heart disease program. His contributions are particularly in the areas of single ventricle physiology, pregnancy, and ACHD interventional cardiology.
Dr. Veldtman trained in Paediatric Cardiology in Leeds in the United Kingdom, and completed his ACHD and Interventional Cardiology Training at the Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre and at Mayo Clinic Rochester.
Relevant Recent publications
- Therapeutic pulmonary artery stenting for metastatic bronchial carcinoid. Vawdrey DB, Fitzsimmons S, Veldtman GR, Carpenter JP. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Sep 24;2013.
- Structural and functional uncoupling of liver performance in the Fontan circulation. Guha IN, Bokhandi S, Ahmad Z, Sheron N, Cope R, Marshall C, Veldtman G. Int J Cardiol. 2013 Mar 20;164(1):77-81.
- The precarious state of the liver after a Fontan operation: summary of a multidisciplinary symposium. Rychik J, Veldtman G, Rand E, Russo P, Rome JJ, Krok K, Goldberg DJ, Cahill AM, Wells RG. Pediatr Cardiol. 2012 Oct;33(7):1001-12.
- Direct measurement of porto-systemic gradient in a failing Fontan circulation. Velpula M, Sheron N, Guha N, Salmon T, Hacking N, Veldtman GR. Congenit Heart Dis. 2011 Mar-Apr;6(2):175-8
- Functional health status of adults with tetralogy of Fallot: matched comparison with healthy siblings. Knowles R, Veldtman G, Hickey EJ, Bradley T, Gengsakul A, Webb GD, Williams WG, McCrindle BW. Ann Thorac Surg. 2012 Jul;94(1):124-32.