Georgia K. Johnson DDS, MSProfessor, Department of Periodontics, University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Iowa City, Iowa; Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
Dr. Georgia Johnson served as Chair of the Department of Periodontics at the University of Iowa College of Dentistry 1998-2016 and is currently Professor, Periodontics.
Dr. Johnson has served as Co-Chair and Director of the American Board of Periodontology and is currently an Examiner. She has been active in professional service to periodontal education, including Chair of several national committees for the American Academy of Periodontology and American Association of Dental Research. She is a Consultant for the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation and a member of the Periodontics Review Committee.
Dr. Johnson is an author on over 90 publications, and her expertise is nationally recognized in the influence of tobacco use on the periodontium and periodontal therapy outcomes. She is actively engaged in teaching and provides patient care in the faculty practice.
DisclosuresDr. Johnson has no relevant disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Efficacy of Adjunctive Subgingival Air-Polishing With Erythritol Powder vs Conventional Debridement Alone During Initial Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy
- Comparison of Three Full-Mouth Concepts for the Nonsurgical Treatment of Stage III and IV Periodontitis
- Nonsurgical Periodontal Therapy Eradicates the Majority of Pockets
- Prevalence and Risk/Protective Indicators of Buccal Soft Tissue Dehiscence Around Dental Implants
- Dose-Dependent Effect of Smoking and Smoking Cessation on Periodontitis-Related Tooth Loss
- Subgingival Instrumentation for Treatment of Periodontitis