George J. Hruza MD, MBA, FAADPresident, Missouri State Medical Association; Adjunct Professor of Dermatology, St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri; Chair, American Academy of Dermatology COVID-19 Ad-Hoc Task Force
Dr. Hruza is Adjunct Professor of Dermatology and Otolaryngology at St. Louis University, American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Immediate Past President, and President of the Missouri State Medical Association. He did his residency at New York University, laser surgery fellowship at Harvard, and a Mohs surgery fellowship at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has trained 21 Mohs surgery fellows.
Dr. Hruza serves on four dermatology journal editorial boards. He has served on the Association of Academic Dermatologic Surgeons, AAD, American College of Mohs Surgery, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) and AAAHC Boards of Directors, and as President of ASDS, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) and the St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society. He currently serves on the ASLMS Board of Directors. He has contributed more than 150 publications to the medical literature including four textbooks on laser surgery, is the dermatologic and cosmetic surgery section editor of Bologna’s Dermatology textbook and has lectured on laser and dermatologic surgery on five continents.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Recommendations on Dermatologic Surgery During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Trends in Private Equity Acquisition of Dermatology Practices in the United States
- Characteristics of State and Federal Malpractice Litigation of Medical Liability Claims for Keratinocyte Carcinoma
- Detection of High-Risk Histologic Features and Tumor Upstaging of Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers on Debulk Analysis
- Consensus Recommendations for Combined Aesthetic Interventions in the Face
- FDA Safety Communication on Unintentional Injection of Soft-Tissue Filler Into Facial Blood Vessels
- Consensus for Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer Treatment