George Han MD, PhDChair, Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, New York, New York
George Han, MD, PhD, currently serves as the System Medical Director for Dermatology at the Mount Sinai Health System. He is also the Chief of Teledermatology for the Department of Dermatology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Dr. Han is the current Vice President of the Dermatologic Society of Greater New York and a member of the Medical Board of the National Psoriasis Foundation. To date, he has two patents and over 40 publications in well-respected journals such as the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, the Journal of Investigative Dermatology, the Journal of Infectious Diseases, and the American Journal of Pathology. Dr. Han remains active in both basic science research and clinical trials, serving as Principal Investigator in numerous clinical trials encompassing clinical area such as Psoriasis, Atopic Dermatitis, Vitiligo, and Actinic Keratosis and conducting translational research on the role of neutrophils in psoriasis.
Dr. Han is or has been an investigator, consultant/advisor, or speaker for Abbvie, Athenex, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bond Avillion, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene, Eli Lilly, Novartis, Janssen, LEO Pharma, MC2, Ortho Dermatologics, PellePharm, Pfizer, Regeneron, Sanofi Genzyme, SUN Pharmaceuticals and UCB.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Association of the Psoriatic Microenvironment With Treatment Response
- Utility of Repeat Latent Tuberculosis Testing With QuantiFERON-TB Gold Test in Psoriasis Patients Treated With TNF-α Inhibitors
- Dermatologic Care of Uninsured Patients Managed at Free Clinics
- Maintenance of Skin Clearance With Ixekizumab Treatment of Psoriasis
- Accuracy of Dermoscopic Criteria for the Diagnosis of Melanoma in Situ