Frederick Chen MD, MPHChief of Family Medicine, Harborview Medical Center; Professor of Family Medicine University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Dr. Chen is Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Washington School of Medicine, and Chief of Family Medicine at Harborview Medical Center. He attended medical school at the University of California, San Francisco and received his MPH in epidemiology from the University of California, Berkeley. After completing his residency in family medicine at the University of Washington, Dr. Chen was a Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar, where he developed his research interest in health policy andmedical education.
Frederick M. Chen, MD, MPH serves as a consultant to Regence Blue Shield. He has no financial arrangement or affiliation with pharmaceutical companies.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Effects of Removing Financial Incentives on Quality of Healthcare
- Impact of Primary Care Intensive Management on Healthcare Costs and Utilization Among High-Risk Veterans
- State Medical Cannabis Laws Associated With Reduced Opioid Prescribing
- Medical and Adult-Use Marijuana Laws Associated With Reduced Opioid Prescribing
- Comparison of Resource Use and Outcomes Among Hospitalists, Primary Care Physicians, and Generalists
- Primary Care Spending Rate
- Socially and Medically High-Risk Patients and Impact on Performance in the Medicare Physician Value-Based Payment Modifier Program
- Air Pollution and Mortality in the Medicare Population
- Patient Experiences and Perceptions Affect Where They Seek Urgent Medical Care
- New Primary Care Management Priorities