Francisco A Tausk MDProfessor of Dermatology and Psychiatry, University of Rochester, Rochester,NY.
Dr. Tausk specializes in Psychosomatic Cutaneous Medicine. He has a particular interest in the “placebo” effect and in skin diseases exacerbated by stress and emotional problems, such as "skin picking syndrome," Psoriasis and Complex Medical Dermatology.
Dr. Tausk also conducts NIH - as well as pharmacological industry sponsored clinical trials. He received his medical training in the University of Buenos Aires, followed by 8 years at the University of California in San Diego performing basic science research. He spent 15 years in Johns Hopkins University, where he was Assistant Professor of Dermatology and Neurosciences and Program Director of the Department of Dermatology before joining the University of Rochester in 2005. He is currently the President of the Association for Psychoneurocutaneous Medicine of North America.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Mental Health Impairment Among Children With Atopic Dermatitis
- Longer Duration of Untreated Psychosis and Poor Outcomes in Patients With Delusional Infestation
- Management of Morgellons Disease With Low-Dose Trifluoperazine
- Depression Is Associated With an Increased Risk of Psoriatic Arthritis Among Patients With Psoriasis
- Vitiligo Associated With a Significant Risk for Depression
- High Prevalence of Psychiatric Disorders in Skin-Restricted Lupus Patients