Farzanna S Haffizulla MD, FACP, FAMWAChair, Department of Internal Medicine, Nova Southeastern University’s Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine; National President of the American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA) 2014–2015; Private Practice, Internal Medicine, Davie, Florida
Dr. Farzanna Haffizulla practices general internal medicine in Davie, Florida, within her own internal medicine concierge practice. Her practice allows her to offer office visits, house calls, and telemedicine to her patients with an innovative, creative approach which allows her to fuse traditional clinical practice with technology.
Dr. Haffizulla is a Founding Team Member and Former Assistant Dean, Community and Global Health at Nova Southeastern University’s Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine. She now serves as Chair of the Department of Internal Medicine at NSU's DR. Kiran C. Patel College of Osetopathic Medicine.
Dr. Haffizulla is the 2014–2015 national President of the American Medical Women’s Association (AMWA), and she served as the South Florida AMWA branch President and was one of its founding officers. She is involved on many levels with AMWA, including being the Chair and Founder for AMWA’s Preventive Medicine Task Force, and founder of AMWA’s Fellowship program.
In addition to being a nationally recognized speaker and expert on work–life balance, Dr. Haffizulla speaks nationally on improving cohesion among healthcare organizations and physicians. She is the on-camera show host, anchor, and medical correspondent for the nationwide health program, Mission Critical Health.
She currently teaches honors organic chemistry to the premed seniors at American Heritage School, and she is an affiliate Clinical Assistant Professor of Biomedical Science at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University and a voluntary Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of Miami.
Dr. Haffizulla completed medical school at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Her residency training was at the Cleveland Clinic Florida and at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio; she is board-certified in internal medicine. Her clinical interests include diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Dr. Farzanna Haffizulla: A Very Low Threshold for Bias
- Dr. Farzanna Haffizulla: Making Time and Making That Time Count
- Dr. Farzanna Haffizulla: Work, Life, and Everything in Between
- Importance of Exercise Among Breast Cancer Patients
- Intravenous and Oral NEPA for Prevention of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting Among Breast Cancer Patients
- Advancing Cancer Care in the Caribbean
- JAK2 and PD-L1 in 9p24 Amplified Breast Cancer
- Future Directions in the Adjuvant Treatment of HER2+ Breast Cancer
- Matching Tumor Tissue DNA Sequencing With Circulating Tumor DNA in Clinical Practice
- Immunotherapy for Glioblastoma