Eric Jonasch MDProfessor, Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine; Director, VHL Clinical Center, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
Eric Jonasch is Professor in the Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, at the MD Anderson Cancer Center of The University of Texas in Houston, where he is also Co-Chair of the Renal Cancer Program. Since 2003, Dr. Jonasch has been the Director of the Von Hippel Lindau (VHL) Clinical Center in Houston. He performs clinical, translational, and basic research in VHL disease and kidney cancer.
After receiving his MDCM degree from McGill University Faculty of Medicine, Dr. Jonasch underwent clinical residency in internal medicine at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal. Subsequently, he completed a clinical fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at the New England Medical Center in Boston, as well as a research fellowship. He was then awarded a research fellowship at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
Dr. Jonasch is a member of the American Association for Cancer Research, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and is vice chair of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network kidney cancer guidelines. Additionally, Dr. Jonasch has published widely in many peer-reviewed journals and has contributed to and published various books.
Professor, Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Director, VHL Clinical Center, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Co-Chair, Renal Cancer Program, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Vice Chair, Kidney Cancers Panel, National Comprehensive Cancer Network
McGill University Faculty of Medicine, MDCM
Postdoctoral research fellow, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston
Postdoctoral clinical fellow, New England Medical Center, Boston
Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Oncology, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
Medicine, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada
Hematology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Eric Jonasch, MD, serves as a consultant to Aravive, Aveo, BMS, Calithera, Eisai, Exelixis, Ipsen, Merck Inc, NiKang, Pfizer Inc, Novartis AG and has received research/grant support from Merck Inc NiKang, Novartis AG and Telix.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Pembrolizumab as Post-Nephrectomy Adjuvant Therapy for Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nivolumab Followed By Salvage Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab for Treatment-Naive Patients With Advanced RCC
- Healthcare Resource Utilization and Costs Among Patients With VHL-Associated RCC
- 2021 Top Story in VHL Disease: FDA Approval of Belzutifan for VHL-Associated RCC
- Hemangioblastoma Diagnosis and Surveillance in VHL Disease
- Belzutifan FDA Approval for VHL-Associated Cancers
- Cytoreductive Nephrectomy and Aggressive Histology in mRCC
- Patient Reported Experience With RCC Around the World
- ESMO 2021: Recommendations From Dr. Eric Jonasch for Renal Cell Carcinoma
- FDA Approves Belzutifan for Cancers Associated With von Hippel-Lindau Disease