Emmanouil S. Brilakis MD, PhD, FACC, FAHA, FESC, FSCAIAssociate Professor of Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School; Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories at VA North Texas Healthcare System, Dallas, Texas
Emmanouil S. Brilakis, MD, PhD is Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories at VA North Texas Healthcare System and an Associate Professor of Medicine at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He leads a very active clinical trial group investigating the percutaneous treatment of chronic total occlusions, prevention and treatment of saphenous vein graft disease, intracoronary imaging, and antiplatelet treatment optimization post coronary stenting. He has authored over 230 manuscripts and the Manual of CTO Interventions.
Dr. Brilakis: consulting/speaker honoraria from Abbott Vascular, Asahi, Boston Scientific, Elsevier, Somahlution, St Jude Medical, and Terumo; research support from InfraRedx; spouse is employee of Medtronic.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- PCI for the Treatment of Chronic Total Occlusion
- Procedural Success and Outcomes With Increasing Use of Enabling Strategies for Chronic Total Occlusion Intervention
- Impact of a Chronic Total Coronary Occlusion on Ventricular Arrhythmias and Long-Term Mortality in Patients With Ischemic Cardiomyopathy and an ICD
- Revascularization Superior to Optimal Medical Therapy for the Treatment of Chronic Total Coronary Occlusions
- Impact of Chronic Total Occlusion of the Coronary Artery on Long-Term Prognosis in Patients With Ischemic Systolic Heart Failure
- Predicting Success of First-Attempt PCI for Total Chronic Coronary Occlusion
- Real-Time Radiation Monitoring Device Reduced Operator Radiation Exposure
- Survival Trends in Patients Undergoing Chronic Total Coronary Occlusion Angioplasty