Emily J. Gallagher MD, PhD, MRCPIAssociate Professor of Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bone Disease; Associate Program Director for Research; Director, ABIM Research Pathway for the Internal Medicine Residency Program, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, New York
Dr. Emily J. Gallagher is Associate Professor of Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Bone Disease, Associate Program Director for Research, and Director of the ABIM Research Pathway for the Internal Medicine Residency Program. She is an NIH-funded physician-scientist and onco-endocrinologist at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York. Her research relates to understanding the links between the metabolic syndrome and cancer, specifically the roles of insulin and lipids in cancer development and progression. She is also a clinical onco-endocrinologist, treating the metabolic and endocrine consequences of cancer, and cancer therapies.
DisclosuresDr. Gallagher is on the advisory board for Novartis and does consulting for Seagen and SynDevRx.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Duration of Type 2 Diabetes and Incidence of Cancer
- Age at Diagnosis Modifies the Associations of Type 2 Diabetes With Cancer Incidence and Mortality
- Inequalities in Cancer Mortality Trends Among People With Type 2 Diabetes
- Effects of Diabetes and Glycemic Control on Cancer Outcomes in Individuals With Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Obesity and Cancer Death by Race