Eliot N. Mostow MD, MPHHead, Dermatology Section, Northeast Ohio Medical University; Professor, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Dermatology Section, Rootstown, Ohio; Assistant Professor, Clinical Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio; Co-founder, Multidisciplinary Wound Care Clinic, Akron General Medical Center, Akron, Ohio
Dr. Eliot Mostow is Professor and Head of the Dermatology Section at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) in Rootstown, Ohio. He serves as an assistant clinical professor in the Department of Dermatology at Case Western Reserve College of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio.
After receiving his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus, Ohio, Dr. Mostow completed an internship in internal medicine/pediatrics at Ohio State University Hospital and Columbus Children's Hospital. He received a master of public health degree from The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland, and, from there, he served as a medical staff fellow in the Public Health Service Epidemiology Training Program at the National Cancer Institute Division of Cancer Prevention and Control in Bethesda, Maryland. He then completed his dermatology residency and served as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where he served as a clinical coordinator in the Multidisciplinary Melanoma Clinic.
Dr. Mostow has published widely, and has presented at numerous national meetings. Besides work in clinical epidemiology and medical education, he has also made the care of patients with chronic wounds a passion over 26 years in dermatology practice.
Head, Dermatology Section, Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED); Professor, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Dermatology Section, Rootstown, Ohio; Assistant Professor, Clinical Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio; Master Teacher and Past Chair of the Master Teacher Guild, NEOMED
MD: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
MPH: The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland
Residencies: Internal medicine/pediatrics, Ohio State University Hospital/Columbus Children's Hospital; Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Fellowship: PHS Epidemiology Training Program, National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Bethesda, Maryland
DisclosuresDr. Mostow has been on the Advisory Board of Vivacare and a principle investigator for Smith & Nephew, for which he received Grants/Research Funding.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Self-Estimating Future Risk of Melanoma vs That Predicted by a Validated Tool
- Outcomes of Routine Diabetes Screening for Patients With Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Helping Those With Palmar Hyperhidrosis
- Tinted Sunscreens Lead to a Smaller Amount of the Product Applied on the Face
- Twitter Journal Clubs: Medical Education in the Era of Social Media
- Dermatological Adverse Events Associated With Hydroxychloroquine
- High Patient Satisfaction With Teledermatology for Acne During COVID-19
- Assessment of cSCC In Situ Incidence and Risk of Developing Invasive cSCC in Patients With Prior cSCC In Situ
- Optimizing and Combining In-Person and Telemedicine Visits to Maximize Patient Care
- Comparing Clinical Acne Vulgaris Severity to Adolescent and Parent Perceptions of Acne Severity and Impact on Quality of Life