Elena F. Verdu MD, PhDProfessor, Gastroenterology Division, McMaster University, Farncombe Family Digestive Health Research Institute, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Verdu’s research program aims at deciphering commensal and opportunistic pathogen metabolism of dietary antigens and how that process affects chronic inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Variation in Testing for and Incidence of Celiac Autoimmunity in Canada
- Latiglutenase Protects the Mucosa and Attenuates Symptoms in Patients With Celiac Disease Exposed to Gluten
- Dietary Gluten Not Associated With Risk of IBD in US Adults Without Celiac Disease
- Gluten-Free Diet for Irritable Bowel Syndrome–Diarrhea With Unknown HLA-DQ2/8 Status
- Small Amounts of Gluten in Suspected Nonceliac Gluten Sensitivity