E. David Crawford MDProfessor of Urology, University of California San Diego, Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion, La Jolla, California
Dr. Crawford is the distinguished Professor of Surgery, Urology, and Radiation Oncology, and head of the Section of Urologic Oncology at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. He is an active clinician, researcher, and teacher. He has been recognized as one of the Best Doctors in America, one of the Best Cancer Doctors, one of the Top 20 Urologists in the county by Men's Health Magazine, and recently selected as the Healthcare Provider of the Year in the Denver Metro Area by The Denver Business Journal. In addition, he is the recipient of more than 95 research grants in the diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer, metastatic prostate cancer, hormone refractory prostate cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), advanced bladder cancer, and other areas of urological infections and malignancies. He has authored or coauthored over 600 published articles, contributed to nearly 100 educational books and provided thousands of educational talks for patients and physicians. In an effort to raise awareness and education about prostate health, Dr. Crawford also founded and chairs a 501c3 non-profit called the Prostate Conditions Education Council.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Timing of ADT for Men With Biochemical Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Bipolar Androgen Therapy vs Enzalutamide in Asymptomatic Men With Castration-Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Oral GnRH Receptor Antagonist Relugolix as Neoadjuvant/Adjuvant ADT to EBRT in Localized Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Definitive and Sustained Increase in Prostate Cancer Metastases in the United States
- Cell Cycle Progression Score for Predicting Clinical Outcomes in Black and Non-Black Men With Localized Prostate Cancer
- Disparities in the Receipt of Local Treatment of Node-Positive Prostate Cancer
- Decline in Prostate Cancer Screening by Primary Care Physicians
- Lymph Node–Positive (N1M0) Prostate Cancer: What Is the Evidence for Nihilism?
- Definitive Local Therapy for Lymph Node–Positive Prostate Cancer Associated With Improved Survival
- Metastasis-Free Survival is Associated With Overall Survival in Men With PSA-Recurrent Prostate Cancer Treated With Deferred Androgen Deprivation Therapy