Cristhiam Mauricio Rojas Hernandez MDAssistant Professor of Hematology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
Dr. Rojas Hernandez is an assistant professor of hematology at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. He received his medical degree from Universidad del Valle in Cali, Colombia. He completed residency training in internal medicine at Yale University School of Medicine (Bridgeport Hospital), and completed a clinical fellowship in hematology and oncology at the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center in Albuquerque.Dr. Rojas Hernandez is actively engaged in research, and has published in numerous peer-reviewed journals. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology, among other professional organizations.
Disclosures: Daichii Sankyo pharmaceutical for funding in clinical research related to the direct oral anticoagulants.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- The Burden of Immune-Mediated Refractoriness to Platelet Transfusions in MDS
- Apixaban for the Treatment of VTE Associated With Cancer
- The Epidemiology of Platelet Transfusions
- Prediction of Recurrent Venous Thrombosis in All Patients With a First Venous Thrombotic Event
- 2019 Top Stories in Benign Hematology: The Use of Inferior Vena Cava Devices in Trauma Scenarios: Da Vinci at Its Best
- Apixaban and Dalteparin in Active Malignancy-Associated VTE
- Expert Picks From ISTH 2019, Day 4: From Cristhiam Rojas Hernandez
- Expert Picks From ISTH 2019, Day 5: From Cristhiam Rojas Hernandez
- Expert Picks From ISTH 2019, Day 3: From Cristhiam Rojas Hernandez
- Expert Picks From ISTH 2019, Day 1: From Cristhiam Rojas Hernandez