Craig Niederberger MD, FACSClarence C. Saelhof Professor & Head, Department of Urology, UIC College of Medicine; Professor, Department of Bioengineering, UIC College of Engineering, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois
Dr. Craig Niederberger is Clarence C. Saelhof Professor and Head of the Department of Urology, in the College of Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Dr. Niederberger also holds a joint appointment as Professor in the Department of Bioengineering in the College of Engineering. He is Co-Editor in Chief of Fertility and Sterility, and a section editor for the Journal of Urology. He is a primary editor of the fourth edition of Infertility in the Male, and An Introduction to Male Reproductive Medicine. Dr. Niederberger served as general program chair for the American Society for Reproductive Medicine's annual meeting in Atlanta in 2009, and has served as president of the Society for the Study of Male Reproduction within the American Urological Association, and as president of the Society for Male Reproduction and Urology within the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Over-the-Counter Supplements and Their Androgenic Component
- Characterization of Men Tested for Low Testosterone and Compliance With Current Guidelines
- Percutaneous Embolization Effective for Painful Varicoceles
- Diagnosis of Varicoceles in Men Undergoing Vasectomy May Lead to Earlier Detection of Hypogonadism
- Increased Risk of Cancer Among Azoospermic Men