Clyde W. Yancy MD, MSc, MACC, FAHA, MACP, FHFSAChief of Cardiology at Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Associate Director of the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Magerstadt Endowed Professor of Medicine Chair, Professor of Medical Social Sciences, Vice-Dean of Diversity & Inclusion, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
Clyde W. Yancy, MD, MSc, is Chief of Cardiology at Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, and Associate Director of the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. He holds the Magerstadt Endowed Professor of Medicine Chair and also serves as Professor of Medical Social Sciences. He concurrently serves as Vice Dean of Diversity & Inclusion, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine.
His research interests are in heart failure, clinical guideline generation, outcomes sciences, personalized medicine and health care disparities. He is extensively published with well over 500 peer-reviewed publications and has been named annually as one of the most highly cited scientific authors worldwide. He is Deputy Editor, JAMA Cardiology; Senior Section Editor (Heart Failure), Journal of the American College of Cardiology; and serves on the editorial boards for Circulation, Circulation Heart Failure, the American Heart Journal and JACC Heart Failure.
He is a Master of the American College of Cardiology, a Fellow of the American Heart Association, a Master of the American College of Physicians and a Fellow of the Heart Failure Society of America. He is the chair of the ACC/AHA Heart Failure Guideline Writing Committee, Chair of the ACC Heart Failure Clinical Pathway Writing Committee and Co-chair of the ACC Diversity & Inclusion Taskforce. He is a former President of the American Heart Association (2009-2010). He has completed extensive government service for the NIH, FDA and the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute.
In 2016, he was elected to the National Academy of Medicine. In 2018 he was appointed to the Minority Health Affairs Subcommittee, Department of Health and Human Services. Also in 2018, he received two lifetime achievement awards for clinical research from Women Heart® and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation®. In 2019 he received the Outstanding Alumnus Award from Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana.
DisclosuresDr. Yancy reports the following: Immediate Past Chair; current member, AHA/ACC/HFSA Heart Failure Guidelines Writing Committee.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2022 AHA/ACC/HFSA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure
- Pharmacological Treatment of HFrEF
- Universal Definition and Classification of Heart Failure
- Lower Rates of Heart Failure and All-Cause Hospitalizations During Pulmonary Artery Pressure–Guided Therapy for Ambulatory Heart Failure
- Improvement in LVEF in Outpatients With HFrEF
- Lifetime Benefits of Comprehensive Disease-Modifying Pharmacological Therapies in Patients With HFrEF
- ACC: Implications of DAPA-HF for Clinical Practice
- Heart Failure in the COVID Era: General Considerations
- First in Human Experience With Peritoneal Direct Sodium Removal Using a Zero Sodium Solution
- Initiation of Angiotensin–Neprilysin Inhibition After Acute Decompensated Heart Failure