Clifford A. Hudis MDChief, Breast Cancer Medicine Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Dr. Hudis is a medical oncologist with research interests in all areas of care related to breast cancer. His clinical practice is solely devoted to the treatment of patients with breast cancer, and his research is focused on prevention of the disease, prevention of occurrence after surgery, and treatment of recurrences.
Working with a broad team of experts at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) and throughout the world, he is involved in clinical and translational studies that aim to develop better hormone therapies, improved chemotherapy drugs, more effective and less toxic methods of drug delivery, and newer, highly specific agents. Dr. Hudis conducts this work at MKCC, through the Breast Cancer Disease Management Team and the Breast Cancer Medicine Service, and also through his role as the Breast Committee Co-chair of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B, a national clinical research group sponsored by the National Cancer Institute. In addition, he serves on the editorial boards of several leading cancer journals and in several capacities with the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Chief, Breast Cancer Medicine Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
The Medical College of Pennsylvania, MD
Resident, Hospital of the Medical College of Pennsylvania
Resident, Philadelphia Veterans Administration Hospital
Fellow, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Top Stories of 2012: Improving Treatment Options for Breast Cancer: From the Clinic to the Lab and Back to the Clinic
- Seminal Articles-Breast Cancer
- Ask the Expert: Is a Malignant Phylloides Tumor Considered Breast Cancer?
- Ask the Expert: After Mastectomy, What’s Next For DCIS?
- Ask the Expert: The Extent of Axillary Node Biopsy in Early Breast Cancer
- Ask the Expert: Combining Trastuzumab With Sequential Lines of Therapy in HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Ask the Expert: Best Treatment for Oligometastatic ER+ Breast Cancer
- Ask the Expert: Optimal Treatment for ER+, HER2− Early-Stage Breast Cancer in Males
- Ask the Expert: Optimal Chemotherapy for Metastatic TNBC?
- Ask the Expert: Should I Use Adjuvant Therapy in DCIS?