Christen Maria Mowad MDClinical Professor, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, Danville, Pennsylvania
Dr. Mowad received her medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia, and completed both her internship in internal medicine and her residency in dermatology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where she served as Chief Resident in dermatology. She is a Clinical Professor at the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and is Chair of Dermatology, Geisinger Health System.
Dr. Mowad has published widely and has presented extensively on a national level. She is a past president of the American Contact Dermatitis Society and is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society, and the American Dermatological Society. She serves on the editorial board of Cutis and the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (JAAD). She is also a reviewer for Pediatric Dermatology, Dermatitis, and Cutis. She is past president of the Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology and a current board member.
Dr. Mowad is board certified in dermatology and has been listed in Best Doctors in America every year since 2005.
Chair of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center
Director of Contact and Occupational Dermatitis Clinic, Geisinger Medical Center
Clinical Professor, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
MD: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (dermatology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Christen M. Mowad, MD, has no financial arrangement or affiliation with a corporate organization or a manufacturer of a product. Dr. Mowad's sister is an employee of Abbvie; however, Dr. Mowad does not report any conflicts with Abbvie or any other company.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Prevalence and Characteristics of Allergic Patch Test Reactions to Paraphenylenediamine
- Cetrimonium Bromide Patch Test Positivity Is Found With a High Frequency in a Cohort of Patients With Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia
- Prevalence and Risk Factors for Hand Eczema Among Professional Hospital Cleaners in Denmark
- Clinical Profile of Glove-Wearing Patients With Hand Eczema
- Role of Contact Sensitisation in Oral Lichen Planus
- Allergens in Common Brands of Clobetasol
- Trends in Patch Testing for Allergic Contact Dermatitis Among Black Patients
- Nickel, Cobalt, and Chromium in Nail Sticker and Tip Products
- Occupational Contact Allergy: Sensitization to the Allergens in the European Baseline Series
- Trends in the Prevalence of Methylchloroisothiazolinone/Methylisothiazolinone Contact Allergy in North America and Europe