Christen Maria Mowad MDChair of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania
Dr. Mowad received her medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia, and completed both her internship in internal medicine and her residency in dermatology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where she served as Chief Resident in dermatology. She is an Adjunct Clinical Professor at Temple University in Philadelphia. Currently, she is the Chair of Dermatology at the Geisinger Medical Center.
Dr. Mowad has published widely and has presented extensively on a national level. She is a past president of the American Contact Dermatitis Society and is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society, and the American Dermatological Society. She serves on the editorial board of Cutis and the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (JAAD). She is also a reviewer for Pediatric Dermatology, Dermatitis, and Cutis. She is past president of the Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology and a current board member.
Dr. Mowad is board certified in dermatology and has been listed in Best Doctors in America every year since 2005.
Chair of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center
Director of Contact and Occupational Dermatitis Clinic, Geisinger Medical Center
Clinical Professor, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Clinic Director, Danville Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center
MD: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (dermatology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Christen M. Mowad MD has no financial arrangement or affiliation with a corporate organization or a manufacturer of a product.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Contact Sensitizations to Disinfectants Containing Alcohols or Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Contact Dermatitis Associated With Preservatives
- Effect of Immunosuppression on Patch Testing in Patients With IBD
- Contact Allergy in Patients With Chronic Venous Leg Ulcers
- Acetophenone Azine
- Hand Dermatitis in Adults Referred for Patch Testing
- 2020 Top Stories in Dermatology: COVID-19, PPE, and Dermatology
- Value of Photo Assessment in Late Patch-Test Readings
- Fragrance Contact Allergy in Thailand
- Contact Dermatitis to Personal Care Products in Men and Women