Burak Yilmaz DDS, PhDDirector, Digital Dental Technologies Laboratory, Department of Reconstructive Dentistry and Gerodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland; Department of Restorative, Preventive and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland; Adjunct Professor, The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Division of Restorative Science and Prosthodontics, Columbus, Ohio
Dr. Burak Yilmaz is a prosthodontist in Bern, Switzerland, where he is also the Director of Digital Dental Technologies Laboratory in the School of Dental Medicine at the University of Bern. He is also an Adjunct Professor in the Division of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry at The Ohio State University College of Dentistry.
Dr. Yilmaz obtained his dental degree in 2000 from Ankara University School of Dentistry, Turkey, where he also received his PhD in prosthodontics in 2007. He then completed an implant prosthodontic fellowship at The Ohio State University College of Dentistry Implant Clinic in 2009. He was then granted the Associate Professor title with tenure in 2014 and the Professor title in May 2019 at The Ohio State University. He was appointed as the Director of the Digital Dental Technologies Laboratory in the School of Dental Medicine at the University of Bern in Switzerland in September 2020. He holds a special interest in implant dentistry and has published more than 180 original research studies and clinical reports. He is the co-author of the chapter on implants in the 5th edition of Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, by Rosenstiel et al. He is the Chair of E-posters Committee in the Academy of Osseointegration and is an Editorial Board Member of The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry and Digital Dentistry Section of Journal of Dentistry.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Endodontic Specialists' Practice Before, During, and 1 Year After the Start of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2021 Top Story in Clinical Dentistry: Mouthguards in Dentistry—Current Recommendations for Dentists
- 2020 Top Stories in Clinical Dentistry: Saliva and Spread of COVID-19
- Use of New Generation CAD-CAM Materials for Dental Implant Prostheses
- Clinical Efficiency of Self-Etching One-Step and Two-Step Adhesives in NCCL
- Pain Is the Primary Reason Patients Seek Hospital Dental Emergency Care
- Autistic Children Have More Decay, Poorer Oral Hygiene, and Lower Plaque Ph Than Non-Autistic Controls