Brian Gastman MDPlastic Surgery Staff and Director of Mealnoma Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
Dr. Brian Gastman, Professor of Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner college of medicine is the surgical and co-director for the Taussig Cancer Center melanoma program. Dr. Gastman runs a basic science laboratory dedicated to understanding how melanoma evades the immune system. He also implements many of his findings in regional and national clinical trials that he leads. Finally, many fundamental discoveries are used in his and his partners clinical practices to obtain optimal melanoma cancer outcomes.
DisclosuresNo relevant disclosures reported.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Compliance With SLNB Guidelines for Invasive Melanomas Treated With Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Active Surveillance of Patients Who Have Sentinel Node–Positive Melanoma
- Surgical Delay and Mortality for Primary Cutaneous Melanoma
- Surgical Excision Margin of 2 cm Safe for Primary Cutaneous Melanoma Thicker Than 2 mm
- Wide Local Excision Prior to Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy for Primary Melanoma of the Head and Neck