Brian Berman MD, PhDProfessor Emeritus of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida; Co-Director, Center for Clinical and Cosmetic Research Skin and Cancer Associates, Aventura, Florida
Dr. Brian Berman is Professor Emeritus of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery at The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and has had the honor of serving as a member of the Board of Directors and Vice President of the American Academy of Dermatology. He is Immediate Past President of the American Dermatological Association. Dr. Berman is Secretary of the American Cutaneous Oncology Society, Secretary of the American Hyperhidrosis Medical Society, past President and the Founder of The National Association of Veterans Affairs Dermatologists, and serves on the Scientific Advisory / Editorial Boards of The European Journal of Dermatology, SKINmed, Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, Dermatology Digest, and SKIN, and edited The Miami Review series.
In addition to caring for patients at Skin and Cancer Associates in Aventura, FL, Dr. Berman is Co-Director of the Center for Clinical and Cosmetic Research continuing his broad-based clinical research program while focusing on the study of the control of scarring and skin cancer. He has presented at over 300 local, regional, state, national and international dermatologic societies and conferences and authored of more than 250 peer-reviewed scientific and clinical articles, chapters and books. In 2021 the Florida Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery recognized Dr. Berman as “Practitioner of the Year.”
Dr. Berman reports no relevant disclosures or conflicts of interest.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Outcomes of Combination Shaving and Cryosurgery Treatment in Patients With Keloid Scars
- Treatment of Keloids Using 5-Fluorouracil in Combination With Crystalline Triamcinolone Acetonide Suspension
- The Effects of Postoperative Intralesional Corticosteroids in the Prevention of Recurrent Earlobe Keloids
- Advances in Therapy for Cutaneous Scarring
- Updated International Scar Management Recommendations: Part 1–Evaluating the Evidence
- Updated International Clinical Recommendations on Scar Management: Part 2–Algorithms for Scar Prevention and Treatment