Bradley G Somer MDMedical Oncologist; President, West Cancer Center and Research Institute; Associate Professor of Hematology/Oncology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Dr. Brad Somer, a medical oncologist in Memphis, Tennessee, is the President of the West Cancer Center and Research Institute, where he has practiced since 2002 after completing his fellowship training in hematology/oncology at the University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center in Philadelphia. He is one of the leaders of the most renowned multi-disciplinary comprehensive cancer center servicing the mid-south. He also serves as an assistant professor of hematology/oncology at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Dr. Somer, is actively involved in clinical research in the gastrointestinal/genitourinary clinical trials program. He also serves on the NCCN panel for kidney cancer.
Dr. Somer earned his medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, with a Distinction in Research. He completed his internship and residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. While at the University of Pennsylvania, he served as assistant editor of OncoLink, a leading and award-winning cancer information website. He received his MBA at U Mass Amherst with a healthcare focus in conjunction with the American Association of Physician Leadership.
Assistant Professor, Hematology/Oncology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center; Senior Partner, West Clinic, Memphis, Tennessee
MD: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York
Fellowship (hematology/oncology):University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
DisclosuresDr. Somer does not have any disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 5-Year Survival Among Patients With Advanced Melanoma, RCC, or NSCLC Treated With Nivolumab
- ASCO 2019: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Brad Somer for Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab Plus Bevacizumab vs Sunitinib in Patients With Previously Untreated Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Adjuvant Therapy Options for Renal Cell Carcinoma
- ASCO GU 2019: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Brad Somer
- Improved Survival Outcomes for Kidney Cancer Patients With Brain Metastases
- Combination Immunotherapy in the First-Line Treatment of Advanced RCC
- ESMO 2018: Recommendations From Dr. Brad Somer
- Distinct Patterns of Relapse for Patients With High-Risk Non-ccRCC
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy or Adjuvant Chemoradiotherapy for Gastric Cancer?—A West Cancer Center Perspective