Ashley E. Ross MD, PhDExecutive Medical Director, Mary Crowley Cancer Research Center; Associate Chair US Oncology Genito-Urinary Research Committee, Urologist, Texas Urology Specialists, Dallas, Texas
Dr. Ross specializes in urology and urologic oncology and is a nationally recognized expert in prostate cancer. Dr. Ross performs prostate cancer screening, prostate biopsy (including MRI-fusion biopsy), active surveillance, robotic prostatectomy, open radical prostatectomy, and salvage and primary cryoablation of the prostate. Prior to joining Texas Urology Specialists, Dr. Ross served as director of the Johns Hopkins Urology Prostate Cancer Program and as an associate professor in the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine departments of urology and oncology.
Dr. Ross is a consultant for GenomeDX which produces the Decipher test.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Comparison of Prostate Health Index, Total PSA, %free PSA, and ProPSA
- 17-Gene Genomic Prostate Score Test Results in Active Surveillance Cohort
- Increased Frequency of Germline BRCA2 Mutations in Prostate Cancer Metastasis in a Racially Diverse Patient Population
- Prostate Cancer Germline Genetics in Clinical Practice
- Utility of the Genomic Prostate Score in Men With Very Low– to Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Adverse Pathologic Findings for Men Electing Immediate Radical Prostatectomy
- Neoadjuvant Systemic Therapy Before Radical Prostatectomy in High-Risk Prostate Cancer Does Not Increase Surgical Morbidity
- Prostate Genetic Score and Risk of Prostate Cancer
- Prognostic Value of Prostate Health Index and Cancer Antigen 3 After Prostatectomy
- A Summary of Commercially Available Genomic Tests for Prostate Cancer