Annette Hasenburg Prof., Dr, medDirector, Obstetrics and Gynecology Mainz University Medical Center, Mainz, Germany
Dr. Annette Hasenburg is the Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Mainz University Medical Center in Mainz, Germany. She is Head of the ESGO (European Society of Gynaecologic Oncology) Task Force Psycho-Oncology, and is on the board of directors of the Institute of Sexuality and Health of the University Freiburg in Freiburg, Germany.
Dr. Hasenburg received her medical degree from Ruhr-University, Bochum, Germany, where she also received residency training in internal medicine (Evangelisches Krankenhaus Herne) and obstetrics and gynecology (Marienhospital Herne). She received specialist training and qualification in psychotherapy at the Institute of Psychotherapy and Psychosomatic Medicine in Düsseldorf. She completed a postdoctoral fellowship in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology Division, at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
Until joining the Mainz University Medical Center early in 2016, Dr. Hasenburg was Vice Chairman of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics and Associate Professor at the University of Freiburg School of Medicine.
Since 2018, Dr. Hasenburg has been on the Board of Directors of the AGO (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Gynäkologische Onkologie).
Director, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mainz University Medical Center, Mainz, Germany; Head, ESGO (European Society of Gynaecologic Oncology) Task Force Psycho-Oncology
Prof. Dr. med: Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany
Postdoctoral fellowship: obstetrics and gynecology, Oncology Division, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
Qualification in Psychotherapy, Institute of Psychotherapy and Psychosomatic Medicine, Düsseldorf, Germany
DisclosuresDr. Annette Hasenburg receives honoraria expenses from: AstraZeneca; MedConcept GmbH, Med update GmbH; Pfizer; Promedicis GmbH; Roche Pharma AG; Streamedup!GmbH; Tesaro Bio Germany GmbH; she is a consultant/on the advisory board for: PharmaMar; Promedicis GmbH; Pierre Fabre Pharma GmbH; Roche
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- ASCO 2021: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Annette Hasenburg for Gynecologic Cancer
- Secondary Cytoreduction Followed by Chemotherapy vs Chemotherapy Alone in Platinum-Sensitive Relapsed Ovarian Cancer
- Sequential Chemoradiation vs Concurrent Chemoradiation or Radiation Alone in Adjuvant Treatment After Hysterectomy for Cervical Cancer
- Impact of Lymphadenectomy on Sexual Function Among Ovarian Cancer Patients
- 2020 Top Stories in Oncology: DESKTOP III: Surgery for Recurrent Ovarian Cancer
- Surgical Techniques and Their Impact on Sexuality and Quality of Life Among Ovarian Cancer Patients
- Key Takeaways From ESMO: Updates on Ovarian Cancer
- Key Takeaways From ESMO: Updates on Cervical and Endometrial Cancer
- ESMO 2020: Recommendations From Dr. Annette Hasenburg for Gynecologic Cancer
- Impact of Molecular Classification on Prognosis and Benefit From Adjuvant Therapy for High-Risk Endometrial Cancer