Anne Marie Valente MDCo-Director, Pregnancy and Cardiovascular Disease Program at Brigham and Women's Hospital; Director, Boston Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Boston Children's Hospital and the Brigham and Women's Hospital; Professor of Pediatrics, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Dr. Valente is a Professor of Pediatrics and an Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. She received a BS from Boston College and MD from the University of Vermont College of Medicine. She completed residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics and fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology and Adult Cardiovascular Disease at Duke University.
She is the Director of the Boston Adult Congenital Heart (BACH) Disease and Pulmonary Hypertension Program at Boston Children's Hospital and Co-Director of the Pregnancy and Cardiovascular Disease Program at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Her expertise is in cardiovascular imaging with a focus in cardiac magnetic resonance imaging. Dr. Valente's research interests include strategies to improve the outcomes of women with heart disease during pregnancy and investigations into the mechanisms that contribute to ventricular dysfunction in adults with congenital heart disease. She is the primary investigator for the INDICATOR trial, which is an international multicenter registry to determine predictors of adverse clinical outcomes in patients with repaired tetralogy of Fallot.
Dr. Valente reports the following:
- American College of Cardiology (Editorial board member, JACC)
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Apixaban for Prevention of Thromboembolism in Pediatric Heart Disease
- 2023 Top Story in Cardiology: Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology
- Association of Childhood Parental Incarceration With Adult-Onset Hypertension and Cardiovascular Risk
- Birth Weight Influences Cardiac Structure, Function, and Disease Risk
- Survival From Birth Until Young Adulthood Among Individuals With CHD
- Transcatheter Leadless Pacing in Children
- ACC 2023: Recommendations for CVD in Pregnant Women From Dr. Anne Marie Valente
- ACC 2023: Recommendations for Congenital Heart Disease From Dr. Anne Marie Valente
- Prevalence of Immunodeficiency Among Patients With Congenital Heart Disease and Its Association With Outcomes
- Cardiovascular Complications of Down Syndrome