Amit Tirosh MDHead, NET Service, Division of Endocrinology, Sheba Medical Center, Israel
Dr. Amit Tirosh is an endocrinologist who specializes in inherited syndromes related to the development of neuroendocrine tumors. He is Head of Neuroendocrine Tumors Services at the Institute of Endocrinology at Sheba Medical Center (MC) in Israel. Additionally, Dr. Tirosh is the director of ENTIRE Center (www.entire-center.com) for research and clinical management of endocrine neoplasms at Sheba MC; Director of the National VHL Alliance Designated Clinical Care Center in Israel; Expert Clinician at ClinGen VHL Information Sharing International cONsortium (VISION); and Associate Professor of Medicine in the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
Dr. Tirosh has published widely and conducts active research on genomics and epigenetics alterations of endocrine cancer in general and of neuroendocrine tumors in particular. He served as a member of the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the field of MEN1 syndrome. He serves as Chair of the Pancreatic Manifestations Guidelines Subcommittee of the VHL Alliance in Boston, Massachusetts, where he is also a member of the Clinical Advisory Council.Dr. Tirosh received his medical degree from Hadassah Medical School at Hebrew University in Jerusalem. He underwent residency training in internal medicine at Assaf Harofe in Be'er Ya'akov, Israel, and completed a fellowship in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism at the Rabin Medical Center in Petach Tikva, Israel.
He was a visiting fellow in the Section on Genetics and Endocrinology at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development at the NIH, and a post-doctoral fellow at the Endocrine Oncology Branch of the National Cancer Institute at NIH.
He is a member of the Israeli Society of Endocrinology, the American Endocrine Society, and the European Neuroendocrine Tumors Society.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2021 Top Story in Von Hippel-Lindau Disease: Belzutifan Approved for VHL Treatment
- ESMO 2021: Recommendation From Dr. Amit Tirosh for von Hippel–Lindau Disease
- ASCO 2021: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Amit Tirosh for von Hippel–Lindau Disease
- Impact of Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumor on Mortality in Patients With VHL Disease
- Quarter Summary—VHL-Related Research
- Quarterly Summary—Recent Developments in VHL-Related Research
- 68Gallium-Dotatate PET/CT Increases Detection of VHL-Associated Tumors