Amerian D. Sones DMD, MSAssociate Clinical Professor, Director of Continuing Education, and Dental Oncology Maxillofacial Prosthodontist-in-Chief, Texas A&M University, College of Dentistry, Dallas, Texas
Amerian D. Sones, DMD, MS, relocated to Dallas, Texas in 2011, from Santa Barbara and Los Angeles county, California. After 28 years in private practice, she returned to academics and currently holds the position of Associate Professor, Texas A&M University College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas, serving as Executive Director of Continuing Education, Director of Dental Oncology and the Center for Maxillofacial Prosthodontics, and prosthodontic faculty in the Department of Comprehensive Dentistry for the Advanced Education General Dentistry Residency Program.
She is a Lifetime member of the American Dental Association, a past member of the California Dental Association and now the Texas Dental Association, a Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontics, Fellow of the International College of Dentists, Fellow of the American College of Dentists, Vice-President of the Pacific Coast Society for Prosthodontics, and President Elect of the Academy of Osseointegration. She is a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics and received her AO Certificate in Implant Dentistry in January 2020.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Survival Analysis of Crown Margin Repair in a Dental School Setting
- Milled Denture Teeth Demonstrate Similar Color Stability as Conventional Denture Teeth
- Mandibular Residual Ridge Morphology in Relation to Complete Dentures and Implant Overdentures: Part I
- Mandibular Residual Ridge Morphology in Relation to Complete Dentures and Implant Overdentures: Part II
- Oral Mucositis: An Update on Innate Immunity and New Interventional Targets