Amar S. Naik MDAssociate Professor of Medicine; Director, Inflammatory Bowel Disease Program; Regional Medical Director, Nutrition Services, Division of Gastroenterology, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois
Amar Naik is a board-certified gastroenterologist and medical director of the Inflammatory Bowel Disease program and regional medical director of Nutrition services at Loyola Medicine in Chicago, IL. He graduated from the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, and his postgraduate training was in Milwaukee at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Naik is an active member of the American Gastroenterological Association, the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, and the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation. He is devoted to multifaceted aspects of IBD patients’ care through development of a multidisciplinary academic clinical program to *Improve access to high quality care, *Maintain longterm treatment efficacy with high health related quality of life, and *Perform research with a goal to improve IBD treatment outcomes in unique patient populations. Dr. Naik has presented his research in international GI meetings as well as published in peer-reviewed journals in the field of Gastroenterology. Additionally, he has a special interest in IBD education, with involvement in the gastroenterology fellowship training program as well as patient education programs.
DisclosuresDr. Naik is on the speakers' bureaus for Abbvie, Takeda, and Pfizer.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Discontinuing Infliximab in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis in Remission
- Deep Neural Network Accurately Predicts Prognosis of Ulcerative Colitis Using Endoscopic Images
- Risk of Venous Thromboembolism After Hospital Discharge in Patients With IBD
- Pouchitis and Pouch-Related Complications in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Is Effective in the Treatment of Inflammatory and Fistulizing Pouch Complications