Allen F. Morey MD, FACSProfessor, Department of Urology; Paul C. Peters Chair in Urology; Distinguished Chair in Reconstructive Urology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
Allen F. Morey, MD, FACS is a Professor in the Department of Urology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, where he also holds the Paul C. Peters Chair in Urology and a Distinguished Chair in Reconstructive Urology. He is the Immediate Past President of the Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons (GURS) and Chair of the AUA Urotrauma Guidelines committee. He was the 2013 President of the AUA South Central Section.
Dr. Morey has published more than 230 peer-reviewed articles. He served 20 years in the U.S. Army Medical Corps, including assignments as Chief of Urology at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas (1999-2006) and Urology Consultant to The Surgeon General (2003-2007). His military awards include Airborne Wings (Parachutist’s Badge), The Legion of Merit Award, The Surgeon General’s “A” Designator Award, and a combat service patch for duty in Iraq.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Postoperative Imaging After Ventral Onlay Buccal Mucosal Graft Bulbar Urethroplasty
- Perineal Urethrostomy for Urethral Stricture Disease and Urinary and Sexual Function
- Characteristics and Management of Bulbar Urethroplasty Stricture Recurrence
- Long-Term Results of Ileal Ureteric Replacement
- Current Trends in the Management of Renal Trauma in the US
- Prior Radiation Therapy and Artificial Urinary Sphincter Device Survival
- Repeat Excision and Primary Anastomotic Urethroplasty for Salvage of Recurrent Bulbar Urethral Stricture