Aasma Shaukat MD, MPH, FACP, FASGE, AGAF, FACGSection Chief of Gastroenterology, Minneapolis VA; Professor of Medicine and Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Aasma Shaukat, MD, MPH, is Section Chief of Gastroenterology at the Minneapolis VA and a Professor of Medicine and Public Health at University of Minnesota. She is interested in epidemiology and prevention of colorectal cancer. Her focus is on studying effectiveness of screening for colorectal cancer, developing and validating risk scores to optimize screening strategies, and developing and validating quality indicators for screening colonoscopy program.
DisclosuresDr. Shaukat has no relevant disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Lower Long-Term Incidence and Mortality of Colorectal Cancer After Endoscopic Biopsy With Normal Mucosa
- Impact of the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic on Colorectal Cancer Screening
- CRC Incidence After Adenoma Removal and the Effects of Surveillance on Incidence
- Tumor Seeding During Colonoscopy as a Possible Cause for Metachronous Colorectal Cancer
- Trends in the Age at Diagnosis of Colorectal Cancer