PracticeUpdate's mission is to connect healthcare professionals with news and information that matters most for patient care. Our site is tailored to deliver the latest expert curated content based on the clinician's area of practice, and is optimized for viewing on any device.
Individual access to PracticeUpdate is free, based upon users registering with the site. PracticeUpdate is commercially supported by online advertising, sponsorship, and educational grants.
PracticeUpdate offers an array of professional research, information, and education resources in a single online destination, with a breadth and depth of content that is unrivaled.
All site content is organized specialties and areas of interest, enabling practitioners to instantly and easily access the latest news, scientific updates, and expert opinion pertaining to their specialty.
You will find:
- Journal Articles: PracticeUpdate identifies the latest and most important articles from the most respected sources in a specialty
- Abstracts are available when the publisher grants permission
- Summaries are created when the publisher does not grant permission for the abstract
- And, in come cases, we are able to offer free access to full text
- Journal Scans: Our editors constantly scan the newest, most important journals, flagging the articles that are critical to practitioners. Those articles are highlighted on PracticeUpdate.
- Expert Commentary: In addition, we provide commentary from key opinion leaders to put key articles in perspective
- Take-Home Message: A brief overview of research article findings
- CME programs
- News: Premier medical and pharmaceutical news provided by IMNG Medical Media and "The Pink Sheet"
- Expert Opinion: Interviews and commentary with thought leaders on practice-changing clinical trials and controversial topics
- Conference Coverage: Coverage of the most important meetings, including pre-meeting recommendations from experts, news coverage during the conference, and videos and expert analyses of studies relevant to your patients
- And other exciting content such as guidelines, seminal articles, and as your focus of practice grows, so will our editorial content
Key features of the site include:
- Weekly and Monthly Newsletters: To bring you the latest news and information in your area of interest
OUR EDITORIAL AND ADVISORY BOARDS
PracticeUpdate is guided by world-renowned Editorial and Advisory Boards that represents community practitioners and academic specialists with cross-disciplinary expertise. Each specialty that we cover has its own Boards.
- Primary Care
- Eye Care
HOW WE GET PAID
PracticeUpdate is commercially supported by online advertising, sponsorship, and educational grants. Individual access to PracticeUpdate is free. Premium content is available to any user who registers with the site.
While PracticeUpdate is a commercially-sponsored product, it maintains the highest level of academic rigor, objectivity, and fair balance associated with all Elsevier products. No editorial content on the site is influenced in any way by commercial sponsors or content contributors.